We are committed to protecting your privacy and the security of information you provide to us. NetSecurity Systems, Inc. will not sell, rent, lease or disclose customer information to third parties unless required by law or unless you provide consent to such a disclosure.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES NETSECURITY COLLECT?
The information we gather from customers enables us to personalize and improve our services. We collect the following types of information from our customers.
Personal Information You Provide to Us:
We may receive and store any information you enter on our web site or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of features or opportunities. The Personal Information you provide may be used for such purposes as responding to your requests for certain products and services, customizing the advertising and content you see, and communicating with you about specials, sales offers, new products and NetSecurity events.
Personal Information Collected Automatically:
• We may receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with our web site or services. NetSecurity may choose to automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, NetSecurity cookie information, and the page you requested.
• Generally, our service may automatically collect usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our site and its components. NetSecurity only uses this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us to figure out how often customers use parts of the web site or services so that we can improve the website and services.
We may receive a confirmation when you open an e-mail from NetSecurity if your computer supports this type of program. NetSecurity may use this confirmation to help us make e-mails more interesting and helpful. We may also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending duplicate or unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please notify us by e-mail at email@example.com and include sufficient information for us to identify your account.
What About Cookies?
• Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we may transfer to your computer through your browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our site are visited and by how many people. NetSecurity cookies do not collect Personal Information, and we do not combine the general information collected through cookies with other Personal Information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or e-mail address is.
• Most browsers have an option for turning off the cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allowing you to decide on acceptance of each new cookie in a variety of ways.
WILL NETSECURITY SHARE ANY OF THE PERSONAL INFORMATION IT RECEIVES?
Personal Information about our customers is an important part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone. We share your Personal Information only with your consent or as described below.
Protection of NetSecurity and Others: We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with any law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of NetSecurity, our employees, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
With Your Consent: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to opt out or otherwise given an opportunity to prevent the sharing of this information.
WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE?
• You can always opt not to disclose information to NetSecurity, even though it may be needed to receive services or take advantage of certain NetSecurity web site features.
• You may request deletion of your NetSecurity account by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and responding affirmatively to any confirmation e-mails that we may send. Please note that some information may remain in our records after deletion of your account.
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy at NetSecurity site, please send us a detailed message to email@example.com. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.